Recipe Shopping List
Mini Fruit Mince Tarts
Fruit Mince Filling
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan.
- Combine apple, dried fruit, sherry, orange zest and juice, mixed spice and ½ cup of water in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed. Set aside for about 30 mins to cool to room temperature. Coarsely grate butter over the cooled fruit mince, add the brown sugar and stir well to combine.
- Meanwhile, make the pastry.
Tips & Hints:
- You can replace sherry or rum with extra 30ml of orange juice if you prefer a non-alcoholic option.
- To make the pastry, add flour, caster sugar and chopped unsalted butter to a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 1 egg and chilled water. Process until pastry just comes together, adding more water if necessary.
- Turn pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Kneed gently until smooth. Shape into a 2cm thick disc. Wrap in baking paper and refrigerate for 30 mins or until firm enough to roll out.
- Roll pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Cut rounds of pastry to line the pan, then cut stars using a small star cookie cutter. Line each muffin cup with pastry, add a spoonful of fruit mince and top with a star.
- Lightly beat remaining egg. Brush the stars and edges of the pastry with egg and sprinkle with white sugar. Bake for 15 mins or until golden. Allow to cool in tray.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Mince Tart Mince Pie Biscuits and Cookies Treats Baking Christmas Australian apples Granny Smith apples sultanas prunes raisins currants red glace cherries dry sherry dark rum orange juice orange zest mixed spice unsalted butter brown sugar Caster sugar Plain flour Eggs white sugar Salted Butter