Recipe Shopping List
- For best results, use the Smart Oven™ Pro by Breville
- In a food processor, combine the honey, coconut oil, salt, onion, and 4 cloves of garlic to make a marinade. Process until everything is finely chopped
- Massage marinade into the lamb shoulder and leave covered in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Heat oil in an oven proof casserole dish over a medium/high heat on the stove top for 1 minute. Add lamb shoulder cook for 3-5 minutes each side or until browned on both sides
- Add the onion, carrot, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften
- Pour in the bone broth and gently scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to remove any sediment that has cooked onto the bottom of dish. Add the dates cover with foil
- Place inside SMART OVEN and select SLOW COOK function and press START
- Toggle to select HIGH setting and dial up 6 hours; Press START
- Once cooking time has counted down, remove dish from oven; meat should be tender and coming away from the bone. Pull the lamb off the bone, into a dish, draining liquid into a small jug
- To serve: 1 iceberg lettuce, washed and separated with Avocado, mashed and Tomato, diced. Fill large lettuce leaves up with pulled lamb, cucumber, avocado and yogurt sauce. These are great for the whole family and kids love making their own lettuce 'boats'.
- To make yogurt sauce Into a small bowl, combine yogurt, 2 cloves of garlic (crushed), the parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well
Cassandra Michelin is a mum on the quest to raise super healthy kids on her urban farmyard on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. Passionate about inspiring others, Cass is the creator of #sugarfreeseptember challenge. Her goal is to empower Mums to enjoy life and have fun while taking control of their health and encourage parents through simple and delicious whole foods, and toxic free living!
More Lamb recipes from Breville
No reviews for this recipe yet.