Recipe Shopping List
Lamb Shanks with Ragu
- For best results, use the Smart Oven™ Pro by Breville
- Turn the Function dial to Slow Cook setting
- Turn the Time dial to 4 hours
- Turn the Temperature Dial to HIGH
- Press the Start button
- Heat tallow or ghee in an oven proof casserole dish over a medium/high heat on the stove top for 1 minutes. Add lamb shanks cook for 3-5 minutes each side or until browned on both sides
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes or until they start to brown
- Pour in the passata and gently scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to remove any sediment that has cooked onto the bottom of dish
- Add the anchovies, pancetta, parsley, oregano, rosemary, chilli rosemary, sweet potato and 1 cup water, cover with foil and cook in the preheated oven for 4 hours or until the meat is very tender and coming away from the bone
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve
Recipe by Scott Gooding
Scott is an advocate for health and fitness and promotes the path towards optimal health. Scott has published 6 books under the Clean Living Series.
More Lamb recipes from Breville
No reviews for this recipe yet.