How to make perfect scrambled eggs
Scrambled eggs are an all-time favourite breakfast (or quick dinner!). It's one of the quickest meals, it's so easy and you benefit from all the essential nutrients in eggs.
Below are three ways to cook them: basic scrambled eggs in a frypan, a special extra creamy version, and an easy microwave version.
There are a few tips you can follow to get beautifully creamy, soft and smooth eggs.
How to scramble eggs
- Whisk your eggs vigorously before cooking - This will give you fluffy scrambled eggs that are smooth and golden yellow throughout, with no blobs of egg white.
- Use a non-stick pan and silcone spatula - This will this make it easier to push your eggs around the pan, cooking them more evenly.
- Let your pan preheat - Put butter in the pan over medium-low heat and wait until it bubbles. This is the perfect heat to start cooking your eggs. It's hot enough that the eggs will form nice curds, but not so hot that your eggs will scorch or become rubbery.
- Sauté other ingredients separately - Additional ingredients that contain a lot of water such as tomatoes or mushrooms can make your eggs watery. Cook these ingredients first before adding them to your eggs.
- Take your eggs off the heat early - Your eggs will continue to cook for a few moments after you transfer them to the plate, so cook them a bit less than you like them. Don't leave your eggs in the pan, take them out or they'll overcook.
Watch how to scramble eggs
Here are three ways to cook scrambled eggs: everyday scrambled eggs, extra creamy eggs, plus how to cook scrambled eggs in the microwave.
GET THE STEP BY STEP RECIPES:
If you're after more egg ideas, check out more great tasting scrambled egg variations and egg recipes below!
More ways to cook eggs
Now you know how to get perfect scrambled eggs, get perfect poached, fried and boiled eggs too:
- How to poach eggs easily - three easy techniques and must-have tips
- Easy boiled eggs - how to get perfect soft, medium or hard boiled eggs
- How to fry an egg - sunny side up or over easy fried eggs
- How to make an omelette - perfect your omelette skills, either basic or stuffed with your favourite fillings