How to Slow Cook Chicken in the Oven
Slow cooking chicken in the oven is a great way to get tender, flavourful meat. Here's how to do it:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Brown the chicken on both sides in a flameproof Dutch oven or oven-proof casserole dish.
- Add root vegetables, fresh herbs, and liquid, such as stock or wine.
- Cover and cook for 2-4 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Here are some tips for slow cooking chicken in the oven:
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked through.
- If you're using a whole chicken, you may need to increase the cooking time to 4-6 hours.
- You can add any type of root vegetables to the dish, such as carrots, potatoes, or onions.
- Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices.
Slow cooked chicken is a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed on its own or used in a variety of recipes. So next time you're looking for a hearty and flavourful meal, give slow cooked chicken a try!
More Tips & Advice
How to slow cook chicken: Oven vs. slow cooker
Learn how to cook succulent slow cooked chicken, whether it's in the oven or in a slow cooker. These tips and recipes will help you cook perfect slow cooked chicken for dinner!
How to slow cook beef in a slow cooker
Whether you are cooking gravy beef, Osso Bucco or a juicy roast, nothing warms the soul more than a hearty bowl of slow-cooked beef.
How to marinate chicken and 5 marinade recipes
Learn how to marinate chicken, how long you can marinate chicken, and how to cook marinated chicken. Plus get five delicious marinade recipes.
The best slow cooker recipes and tips
Slow cookers are one of the most convenient kitchen appliances, providing the ability to create a variety of meals with little effort. They're especially great for preparing cold weather dishes such as casseroles, soups and stews. Learn how to use a slow cooker and get lots of slow cooker recipes. Also learn how to convert a stove top or oven recipe to a slow cooker recipe.