Recipe Shopping List
- Place the beef in a medium size mixing bowl. Mix well with the mustard oil, chilli powder, turmeric, and salt. Allow to sit for an hour, longer if possible or you could even do the day before
- For best results, use the Searing Slow Cooker ® by Breville
- Use the MENU button to select HIGH SEAR. Select POWER/START to commence pre-heating the slow cooker. Add the olive oil and brown beef until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Add the onions, ginger, and garlic and sweat down till tender (about 4-6 minutes)
- At this point, add the sugar and spices and cook out for 2-3 minutes. Add the malt vinegar and continue cooking until reduced to a glaze
- Stir in the yoghurt and tinned tomatoes and bring up to the boil. Add the remainder of the marinade
- Select the CANCEL button. Place the lid on and lock into place. Use the MENU button to select HIGH SLOW COOK. Adjust the timer to 4 hours and press POWER/START to start cooking , or if you want to put on before work, select LOW SLOW COOK and cook for 8 hours
Charming and ever-so-modest, Matt’s foodie muscles were carved under Michelin-starred chef Martin Wishart before arriving in Australia where he worked at Vue de monde and Circa. In 2010, he & business soulmate Ben Foster opened Pope Joan in East Brunswick, Melbourne. In 2012 Matt published his first book, Mr. Wilkinson’s Favourite Vegetables, which has been translated into nine languages & sold over 100, 000 copies worldwide.
Matt appreciates the importance of farmers and food producers to making his gastronomic plans a reality. He is a very proud ambassador of the Victorian Farmers’ Markets Association and a partner of boutique casual food eatery Spudbar – serving ‘slow food – fast.’
Breville have been working with some influential Australian Chefs, food bloggers and celebrites to inspire you to create delicious restaurant quality dishes at home.
More Beef recipes from Breville
No reviews for this recipe yet.