Recipe Shopping List
- This recipe uses the BREVILLE FAST SLOW COOKER
- Select SAUTE/SEAR function and set the timer for 10 minutes. Press START and allow to heat for 3 minutes. Add the oil and beef cheeks and sear until golden on all sides. Add the stock
- Select PRESSURE COOK and high pressure. Set timer for 40 minutes. Place lid on cooker and close the valve. Press START
- Once cooking time is complete open the valve to release all the steam before opening the lid
- Allow beef cheeks to cool before adding to the risotto
- Place the eggplant in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 40 minutes. Rinse under cold water, drain and use paper or a tea towel to pat dry
- Meanwhile place the coriander, cumin and caraway seeds in a frypan and dry roast over medium heat for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Use a mortar and pestle to lightly crush
- Pour vegetable oil into a frypan. It should be about 1/3 full. Fry the eggplant in batches until golden. Drain on paper towel
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan and add the onion, chilli and garlic and cook until translucent. Add the toasted spices, paprika and turmeric and fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant
- Add the tomatoes and 1/4 cup of water and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add the eggplant and simmer for another 5 minutes. Season and add the coriander and lemon juice
- Select SAUTE/SEAR function and set the timer for 15 minutes. Press START and allow to heat for 3 minutes. Add the olive oil and heat for 1 minute
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes until soft. Add the rice and mix well. Saute for 2-3 minutes until the rice is opaque. Add the wine and continue to simmer until the wine has been absorbed. Select START/CANCEL
- Add the eggplant relish and stir to combine. Add the stock and beef
- Select PRESSURE COOK and high pressure. Set timer for 10 minutes. Place lid on cooker and close the valve. Press START
- Once cooking time is complete rest for 5-10 minutes before opening the valve to release all the steam
- Season, add the butter and stir through. Serve immediately
With a string of local awards including one hat from SMH Good Food Guide and glowing media reviews, Kepos Street Kitchen has emerged as a popular eatery in Sydney's newly gentrified Redfern.
Owner and chef Michael grew up in Tel Aviv and arrived in Australia where he joined the fine dining restaruant Bathers' Pavillion as Sous Chef. His dishes have a strong Mediterranean influence with a Middle Eastern twist.
Breville have been working with influential Australian Chefs, food bloggers and celebrities to inspire you to create delicious restaurant quality dishes at home.
No reviews for this recipe yet.