Recipe Shopping List
Gluten Free Tiramisu
- Pre heat oven to 180°C (fan forced 160° C). Lightly grease and line with baking paper two 30cm x 40cm / 11in x 15in flat baking trays. Chill the glasses in the refrigerator.
- Warm Copha in the microwave, just soft enough for creaming (around 1 minute on 50% power).
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the castor sugar and cream the remaining castor sugar and Copha using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks in one at a time followed by vanilla essence.
- Transfer mix to a large bowl and set aside. Beat egg whites using an electric mixer, until soft peaks form. Add the reserved 2 tablespoons of castor sugar and whisk for a further minute.
- Sift together flours and baking powder. Fold half the egg whites into the egg yolks; Fold the flour mix into the egg yolks. Fold the remaining egg whites into the mix.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a 1 cm plain nozzle with the mix and pipe 24 biscuits 8cm (3 ½in) long.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and firm, alternating trays half way through cooking. Set tray aside for 5-10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips & Hints:
- For best results make this the night before serving. Works well with glasses with 180ml – 250ml capacity. Serving sizes are dependent on size of serving glass, and how generous the portions are
- Mix together hot coffee, marsala and 2 tablespoons of castor sugar. Set aside coffee mixture to cool completely
- In an electric mixer whisk half of the castor sugar and the egg yolks until thick and creamy. Transfer mix to a large bowl, then fold the mascarpone gently through one third at a time; keep in the fridge until ready to use
- Beat cream using an electric mixer until soft peaks form; keep in the fridge until ready to use
- Beat egg whites using an electric mixer, until soft peaks form. Slowly add the remaining castor sugar and whisk for a further 2 minutes
- Take mascarpone mix and whipped cream from fridge; fold whipped cream gently through one third at a time into the mascarpone mix. Then fold in egg whites gently one third at a time. Keep refrigerated until ready to assemble
- Each glass will hold three biscuits and 1/2 cup of mascarpone. To assemble the tiramisu, cut the biscuits into thirds. Dip four pieces of biscuit at a time into the coffee mixture, squeeze out the excess liquid and arrange in the bottom of the glass
- Spoon two tablespoons of mascarpone cream over the biscuit, making a smooth layer. Continue the process until the glass is full, finishing off with a layer of cream (there should be two layers of biscuit and two layers of cream)
- Dust with cocoa powder and sprinkle grated chocolate over the top, then finish with a maraschino cherry. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve
No reviews for this recipe yet.