Recipe Shopping List
Mini Blond Christmas Cakes
- Combine dried fruits, ginger, pineapple, sugar, butter and spices in a saucepan and bring to the boil stirring occasionally. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in macadamia nuts and bicarbonate of soda. Allow to cool
- Line the sides and base of 8 x 1 cup capacity dariole moulds with baking paper. Stir eggs and flours into fruit mixture and spoon into the moulds
- Bake at 160°C for 45-50 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer
- Combine remaining macadamia nuts, honey and butter and spoon over each cake. Return to the oven and bake for a further 8-10 minutes or until nuts are golden. Cool in moulds before turning out carefully
Tips & Hints:
- Decorate with brown paper and twine and wrap in clear cellophane for a gorgeous gift idea. One (1) cup capacity dariole moulds are available at specialty cookware stores, however, these cakes may be baked in a variety of individual cake pans or moulds, simply adjust the cooking time and test regularly with skewer. Try baking these cakes in sturdy paper baking cases (used for panettone), they are often available in individual shapes from specialty stores.
No reviews for this recipe yet.