Recipe Shopping List
Pie Maker Chicken, Spinach and Ricotta Filo Pies
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add spinach and garlic, cook for 1 minute. Remove to a large bowl. Cool for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, Original Ricotta, Traditional Parmesan and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place one sheet of filo onto a clean dry surface. Brush with butter and top with one more sheet of filo. Repeat layering with another sheet of filo to make 3 layers. Brush filo with butter. Fold over. Cut into 4 equal squares.
- Repeat process with another two sheets of filo and butter and set aside for the top.
- Brush pie maker with butter. Press a square of pastry into each pie hole and fill with 1/3 cup filling (see tip, piemaker holes vary in size). Fold over pastry tips to enclose filling. Brush remaining filo with butter and gently scrunch on top of pies to cover filling. Close lid and turn on pie maker. Cook for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Transfer pies to a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining filo, butter and filling to make 8 pies.
- Keep warm in the oven if necessary. Serve with tomato chutney.
Tips & Hints:
- Using a pre-cooked roast chicken from the supermarket or barbecue chicken makes this recipe even easier to prepare. Shred chicken using two forks or by hand. Make sure chicken is not cold from the fridge, best to warm slightly so the centre of the pies remains hot.
- Pie makers vary in size. This will affect the amount of filling spooned into pies and the amount of filo used. You may need to make more filo cases to make more pies if holes are smaller.
- Pies are best eaten on the day of making. Reheat pies in piemaker or oven until hot.
- Freeze cooked pies for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat in the oven making sure filling is hot in the centre. Test by inserting the tip of a knife.
More Pies recipes from Perfect Italiano
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Pie Spanakopita Lunch Snacks Pies Chicken Poultry Autumn Picnic Thanksgiving Weekends Greek Pie Maker Olive Oil spinach frozen spinach Garlic Garlic cloves shredded chicken Perfect Italiano Ricotta Ricotta Parmesan Perfect Italiano Traditional Parmesan salt and pepper filo pastry Butter tomato chutney spinach leaves Eggs