Recipe Shopping List
Raspberry & Sweet Chilli Jam
- Halve chillies lengthways and remove seeds. Roughly chop and place in a food processor. Add onion and process until finely chopped.
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add chilli and onion mixture. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar, sugar and lime juice. Stir until sugar dissolves and bring to the boil. Stir in frozen raspberries. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, for 45-50 minutes until thick and syrupy.
- Spoon hot jam into hot sterilized jars. Cover with lids. When cool, seal and refrigerate. Store in the fridge and use within 6 weeks.
Tips & Hints:
- For a spicier chilli 'kick', add an extra 1or 2 small red chillies, If you prefer not to sterilize jars, spoon the hot relish into a clean airtight jars (wash them in the dishwasher) and store in the fridge for 2-3 weeks, Sugar substitute does not work in jams and preserves as the sugar is required as a gelling agent as well as a preserve. The great thing about this chutney, it's so spicy and flavoursome you don't need much to add a good punch to your meal.
No reviews for this recipe yet.