Recipe Shopping List
Raspberry Christmas Tarts
- Place flour, cornflour, almonds, baking powder, butter and lemon rind in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and pulse until mixture just comes together. Transfer to a floured surface and knead gently until just smooth. Flatten slightly into a disk, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Roll out pastry between two sheets of baking paper, to a 2mm thickness. Using a 7 1/2cm fluted cutter, cut out 12 rounds of pastry to line round bottom patty pans. Prick the bases and bake at 200°C for 4-5 minutes. Cool
- Heat the jam in a saucepan until warmed and runny. Coarsely mash the raspberries in a bowl with a fork, add jam and lemon rind, stirring gently to combine. Spoon filling into pastry cases
- Roll out remaining pastry to a 2mm thickness and using a 5cm diamond, star, snowflake or heart shaped cutters, cut out 12 shapes. Top each tart with a pastry shape and bake at 180°C for 15 minutes or until cooked and golden. Rest for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar before serving
Tips & Hints:
- Try cutting strips of leftover pastry to create a lattice design to top these tarts| Store any leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving.