Recipe Shopping List
Tandoori Chicken with Minted Yoghurt
- Score chicken 4-5 times in the thickest parts with a sharp knife (this allows the marinade to penetrate). Combine tandoori paste, 3/4 cup yoghurt and lime or lemon juice in a bowl. Place yoghurt mixture and chicken into a large snap lock plastic bag. Toss to coat chicken in mixture. Seal and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup yoghurt and mint in a small bowl. Season with pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Transfer chicken to a large greased baking tray lined with foil. Spray chicken with oil. Roast for 45 minutes or until cooked through in the thickest part. Sprinkle naan bread with water, wrap in foil and heat in the last 10 minutes of cooking chicken
- Scatter chicken with extra mint leaves. Serve with minted yoghurt, warmed naan bread, lime wedges and a leafy green salad
Tips & Hints:
- TASTING NOTES: It's well known that Tandoori flavours go hand-in-hand with citrus combinations like Orange & Mango - a classic really. Take the time to marinade the chicken in advance and enjoy the full, distinct Tandoori flavour in this easy one-pot dish. This pairing works particularly well as the citrus tones in the Schweppes Orange & Mango Mineral Water balance some of the heat from both the marinade and the lemon juice.
No reviews for this recipe yet.