How to freeze meatballs
How to freeze uncooked meatballs
- Place meatballs in a single layer on a tray lined with baking paper and put in the freezer.
- Once meatballs are hard and frozen, place in an airtight container layered between baking paper or place in large ziplock bag. Label and date your meatballs.
- Freeze for up to 2 months.
- Defrost meatballs in the fridge overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Cook as per recipe.
How to freeze cooked meatballs (dry)
How to freeze cooked meatballs in a sauce
- Let the meatballs and sauce cool.
- Place in a labelled and dated airtight container or ziplock bag, squeezing out excess air.
- Freeze flat for up to 2 months.
- Defrost in fridge overnight. Let simmer for 10 minutes before eating.
How long can you freeze meatballs?
Get the recipe: Chicken Meatballs in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Make this recipe up to step 2, freeze the meatballs, then finish the rest of the meal when you want to eat! The ricotta in the meatballs makes them lovely, light and moist.
Get the recipe: Korma Chicken Meatballs in Lettuce Cups
Curried meatballs served with coconut rice in fresh, crunchy lettuce cups! Freeze the meatballs in sauce, then you just have to cook the rice and add the lettuce cups on the day you eat them.