Recipe Shopping List
Duck and Red Wine Risotto
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the duck pieces on a tray and place into the oven for 20-25 minutes
- While the duck is in the oven, place the stock into a medium saucepan and place over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and then remove the pan from the heat and cover with a lid to keep hot
- Add the olive oil to a large, heavy based saucepan, and place over a low heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion has softened, but be careful not to brown the garlic
- Add the rice and stir to coat each grain of rice in the oil
- Increase the heat to medium and add the wine. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquid has almost completely evaporated
- Add a ladle of stock and stir until the rice absorbs all the liquid. Continue to add one ladle at a time, stirring constantly to ensure each ladle of stock is absorbed before adding another
- When the rice is almost cooked, remove the duck from the oven. Use a fork to shred all the breast meat and transfer into a small bowl. Cover the leg and thighs with foil to keep warm
- Once the rice is just cooked and all the stock has been absorbed, stir through the shredded duck and rocket
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the Romano cheese and butter, and then season with salt and pepper. Cover the risotto with a lid and allow to sit for 2 minutes
- Serve the risotto immediately and top each serve with a duck leg or thigh
Tips & Hints:
- Chinese style ducks are available from some supermarkets, Chinese food stores or take away restaurants.
More Rice recipes from Perfect Italiano
No reviews for this recipe yet.