Recipe Shopping List
Golden Drop Donuts
- For best results use the KitchenAid Artisan Diamond Blender
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into the glass jar of the blender. Cover and select the tab for blending
- Process 5 seconds or until well mixed. Remove from the jar
- Add the eggs, milk and vanilla to the jar, cover and pulse on shaking. Return the flour mixture, cover and process until thoroughly mixed
- Transfer the mixture to a firm freezer bag/large sandwich storage bag or cake decorating piping bag - pushing it into one corner
- Heat the oil in a large pot to 180°C. Trim one corner of the bag and push smallish, 1 tablespoon amounts of the mixture into the oil, snipping off the mixture using scissors
- Cook about 5 at a time for around 2-3 minutes, gently tossing the donuts in the hot oil until a deep golden colour and cooked through
- Remove with a slotted spoon and lightly drain before tossing in the spice mixture. Serve drizzled with the honey, if desired
- For the spice mixture, combine and place on a flat plate
Tips & Hints:
- If the oil is too hot the donuts will not cook through to the centre. Donuts are best eaten soon after cooking.
- Gluten free option: replace plain flour with gluten free plain flour, adding 2 teaspoons gluten free gluten (GFG) available from health food stores.
No reviews for this recipe yet.