Recipe Shopping List
Healthy Apple Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin with a removable base
- Place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and fluffy. Add 4 tbsp of the flour, and then beat in the eggs one at a time. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Add the maple syrup, vanilla and apple, and gently fold until just combined
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin. Transfer into the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes, before turning the cake out of the tin
- Serve the cake warm or at room temperature, and with a spoonful of vanilla yoghurt and a dusting of icing sugar (optional)
Tips & Hints:
- Use pear as a yummy alternative.
More Baking recipes from Western Star
No reviews for this recipe yet.