Recipe Shopping List
Savoury Mince Stuffed Mushrooms
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes to soften
- Add mince and cook, stirring and breaking up lumps until brown and crumbly. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add carrot and stir through
- Stir in tomato sauce, mustard, soy sauce and beef stock and mix well. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add corn and beans and cook for a further 10 minutes, uncovered. Remove and cool. Set aside ⅓ of the mixture for stuffed mushrooms. Pack remaining savoury mince into freezer safe containers. Label and freeze
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place mushrooms onto tray and spoon ⅓ cup of savoury mince into the centre of each. Top with cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with more tomato sauce and green salad
Tips & Hints:
- This recipe makes 3 batches of savoury mince. Each batch is enough to feed 4 people. Once mince has cooled, divide the remaining mixture into portions in airtight containers or zip lock bags. Label and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Defrost in the microwave or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Use savoury mince in homemade pies. Top with cheesy mashed potato and bake until golden for a shepherd's pie. Fill large cooked jacket potatoes with savoury mince and top with sour cream and chives. Stir through red kidney beans and spice it up with some chilli flakes to serve in tacos, nachos or burritos.
Related: Savoury Mince stuffed mushroom Stuffed Vegetable Lunch Dinner Mince Beef Sauces Autumn Winter Australian Organic Family Dinners Kid Friendly Australian Made Egg Free Vege Smugglers Beef Mince beef stock Carrots cheese corn kernels Dijon mustard green beans oil Onions Parsley Plain flour portobello mushrooms Soy sauce Tomato sauce