Recipe Shopping List
Meatloaf with Cheesy Mashed Potato Topping
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C (fan-forced). Grease an 11 x 20 x 9cm (base measurement) loaf pan and line long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above edges of the pan for easy removal
- Combine onion, garlic, carrot and panko breadcrumbs in a large mixing bowl. Spoon in ½ cup fruit chutney, eggs and mince. Season with salt and pepper. Use clean hands to mix until all the ingredients are well combined
- Press into prepared pan, smoothing the top to remove any cracks or creases. Brush top with 1 tbsp of fruit chutney. Bake 45 minutes
Cheesy mash topping
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain and return to warm pan. Mash until smooth and stir in milk, half the butter and half the parmesan. Season with salt
- Remove meatloaf from oven. Spoon over mash, fluffing up the surface with a fork. Scatter over remaining parmesan and drizzle with melted butter. Return to oven and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the top is golden
- Stand in pan for 10 minutes before removing and cutting into thick slices. Serve with extra chutney and steamed broccolini
Tips & Hints:
- Standing meatloaf for 10 minutes allows it to set and makes it easier to slice.
- Omit mash and simply glaze meatloaf with extra fruit chutney if preferred.
- Substitute panko breadcrumbs with any dried breadcrumbs.
- Cover and refrigerate cooked and cooled meatloaf for up to 3 days. Reheat in microwave or in a low oven.