2021 Budget Christmas Menu Plan
Budget-friendly Christmas Recipes:
Make-ahead Christmas menu timeline
- Order meat, and groceries for delivery or pick up on 22nd December.
- Choose a ham size and type that fits into your budget. The glaze recipe will remain the same, but the cook times may change.
- Make the Rum Balls and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Cook strawberry curd. Refrigerate.
- Make the salted caramel for the trifle. Refrigerate.
- Cut cheese and cabanossi for the hedgehog. Store in an airtight container. Refrigerate.
- Place chicken wings in a large ziplock bag and add Hoisin and Garlic Sauce. Mix well. Seal bag and refrigerate.
- Prepare maple butter and spread under chicken skin and brush over the top. Finish recipe to step 3. Refrigerate.
- Make chutney glaze. Score and glaze ham. Bake. Remove from the oven, cool to room temperature. Carefully cover with baking paper, foil and cling film and refrigerate.
- Cook penne pasta for Tuna and Pesto Pasta Salad. Drain and refresh with cold water. Drizzle a little olive oil to prevent it from sticking. Store in a container and refrigerate. Cut and slice other vegetables and refrigerate. Combine pesto and lemon juice in a screw top jar. Refrigerate
- Prepare and bake the Cheesy Layered Vegetable Bake. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate.
- Drain cocktail onions and skewer cheese, cabanossi and cocktail onions onto toothpicks. Prepare rockmelon and arrange skewers into it just before serving.
- Place chicken wings into a large roasting dish. Roast and arrange onto a platter. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Finish Maple Glazed Roast Chicken from step 4. Rest and carve.
- Make Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint. Arrange on a platter and serve.
- Serve ham cold or warm in a moderate (180°C) oven for 30 minutes. Carve and serve.
- Warm up Cheesy Layered Vegetable Bake in a moderate oven for 45 minutes. Cover the top with foil if it is getting too dark.
- Combine cooked pasta with pesto dressing. Add remaining salad ingredients. Toss and season. Garnish with basil just before serving.
- Spoon curd into tart cases. Whip cream and garnish with cream and extra sliced strawberries.
- Whip the cream and put together the trifle with salted caramel sauce and berries. Serve.
- Arrange Rum Balls onto a serving platter and serve with coffee or tea.
Organise your recipes
If you have a myfoodbook account, don't forget that you can save these recipes into a free ecookbook. Print them off along with this menu timeline to be prepared for Christmas this year!
More Christmas menus
Discover more Christmas menu timelines below: