Traditional Christmas Menu Plan
Traditional Christmas Recipes:
Traditional Christmas menu timeline
- Order seafood for delivery or pick up for the 24th of December.
- Order meat, groceries and fresh produce for delivery or pick up for the 22nd of December.
- Make Christmas Pudding up until step 9, giving it the first 7 hour cook (this can be made one month in advance if preferred). Store in an airtight containter in the fridge or the pantry.
- Make White Christmas and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Make lemon curd for Classic Pavlova; refrigerate.
- Make mustard, parsley and garlic butter for Whole Roasted Eye Fillet recipe. Trim and truss beef eye fillet; cover and refrigerate.
- Make dressing for Pear and Brussel Sprout Slaw. Store in a screw top jar and refrigerate.
- Bake the pavlova base for the Classic Pavlova and store in an airtight container in the pantry.
- Cook chorizo for scallops and refrigerate.
- Chargrill bread for crostini. Place in an airtight container and leave at room temperature. Make the dressing in a screw top jar and refrigerate.
- Bake Sage, Thyme and Roasted Garlic Bread Wreath. Cool completely and cover in plastic wrap. Place in an airtight container and store in the pantry.
- Make the stuffing for Crispy Rolled Pork. Stuff and roll. Truss, cover and refrigerate. Prepare apples and rub with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Bake the Cheesy Sweet Potato and Potato Sage Gratin. Cool, cover well and refrigerate.
- Cook the Roast Honey Pumpkin. Cool and refrigerate.
- Finely shred brussels sprouts, chop radish and toast pine nuts for the slaw.
- Cook Crispy Rolled Pork and make gravy. Rest pork before carving and serving.
- Sear Whole Eye Fillet and finish cooking in the oven. Rest and serve with mustard, parsley and garlic butter.
- Reheat Sweet Potato and Potato Sage Gratin in a low oven (160°C) for 45 minutes. Cover with foil if top is browning too much.
- Warm Garlic Bread Wreath in a low oven (160°C) for 20 minutes, uncovered, before serving.
- Reheat Roast Honey Pumpkin in a low oven for 30 minutes.
- Make Bacon, Peas and Mushrooms.
- Peel and slice pears for Pear and Brussels Sprout Slaw and toss with remaining ingredients. Dress and place into a salad bowl.
- Clean and prepare scallops. Make apple slaw. Cook and serve immediately.
- Finish Grape and Prosciutto Crostini and serve.
- Four hours before serving the Christmas Pudding, follow instructions for boiling the pudding. Serve hot with custard.
- Slice kiwi fruit and dress Classic Pavlova with curd and fruit; serve immediately.
Organise your recipes
If you have a myfoodbook account, don't forget that you can save these recipes into a free ecookbook. Print them off along with this menu timeline to be prepared for Christmas this year!
More Christmas menus
Discover more Christmas menu timelines below: