Traditional Christmas Menu Plan
This menu plan has step-by-step instructions and a daily timeline for everything you need to prepare a traditional Australian Christmas meal for 6-8 people. Print out this meal plan and recipes for a stress-free day where you can focus on family and friends!
We recommend reading the plan and each recipe at least one week before Christmas to be fully prepared. See the full menu and preparation timeline below.
Traditional Christmas Recipes:
Traditional Christmas menu timeline
One week before Christmas (by the 18th of December)
- Order seafood for delivery or pick up for the 24th of December.
- Order meat, groceries and fresh produce for delivery or pick up for the 22nd of December.
Three days before Christmas (22nd Dec)
- Make Christmas Pudding up until step 9, giving it the first 7 hour cook (this can be made one month in advance if preferred). Store in an airtight container in the fridge or the pantry.
- Make White Christmas and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Two days before Christmas (23rd Dec)
- Make lemon curd for Classic Pavlova; refrigerate.
- Make mustard, parsley and garlic butter for Whole Roasted Eye Fillet recipe. Trim and truss beef eye fillet; cover and refrigerate.
- Make dressing for Pear and Brussels Sprout Slaw. Store in a screw top jar and refrigerate.
One day before Christmas (24th Dec)
- Bake the pavlova base for the Classic Pavlova and store in an airtight container in the pantry.
- Cook chorizo for scallops and refrigerate.
- Chargrill bread for crostini. Place in an airtight container and leave at room temperature. Make the dressing in a screw top jar and refrigerate.
- Bake Sage, Thyme and Roasted Garlic Bread Wreath. Cool completely and cover in plastic wrap. Place in an airtight container and store in the pantry.
- Make the stuffing for Crispy Rolled Pork. Stuff and roll. Truss, cover and refrigerate. Prepare apples and rub with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Bake the Cheesy Sweet Potato and Potato Sage Gratin. Cool, cover well and refrigerate.
- Cook the Roast Honey Pumpkin. Cool and refrigerate.
- Finely shred Brussels sprouts, chop radish and toast pine nuts for the slaw.
- Cook Crispy Rolled Pork and make gravy. Rest pork before carving and serving.
- Sear Whole Eye Fillet and finish cooking in the oven. Rest and serve with mustard, parsley and garlic butter.
- Reheat Sweet Potato and Potato Sage Gratin in a low oven (160°C) for 45 minutes. Cover with foil if top is browning too much.
- Warm Garlic Bread Wreath in a low oven (160°C) for 20 minutes, uncovered, before serving.
- Reheat Roast Honey Pumpkin in a low oven for 30 minutes.
- Make Bacon, Peas and Mushrooms.
- Peel and slice pears for Pear and Brussels Sprout Slaw and toss with remaining ingredients. Dress and place into a salad bowl.
- Clean and prepare scallops. Make apple slaw. Cook and serve immediately.
- Finish Grape and Prosciutto Crostini and serve.
- Four hours before serving the Christmas Pudding, follow instructions for boiling the pudding. Serve hot with custard.
- Slice kiwi fruit and dress Classic Pavlova with curd and fruit; serve immediately.
Organise your recipes
If you have a myfoodbook account, don't forget that you can save these recipes into a free eCookbook. Print them off along with this menu timeline to be prepared for Christmas this year!
More Christmas menus
Discover more Christmas menu timelines below: