Vegetarian Christmas Menu Plan
This menu plan has step-by-step instructions and a daily timeline for everything you need to prepare a vegetarian Christmas meal. Print out this meal plan and recipes for a stress-free day where you can focus on family and friends!
This menu will feed 4-6 people, please adjust recipes to accommodate your number of guests. We recommend reading the plan and each recipe at least one week before Christmas to be fully prepared. See the full menu and plan below.
Get the vegetarian Christmas recipes:
Vegetarian Menu Timeline
One week before Christmas (by the 18th of December)
- Order fresh produce and groceries for delivery or pick up on 22nd December.
TIP: Click for tips on storing fresh herbs.
Refrigerate all fresh produce and chilled grocery items immediately.
Three days before Christmas (22nd Dec)
- Make Cherry Swirl Baked Cheesecake, refrigerate in an airtight container, keeping chocolate coated cherries in a separate container.
Two days before Christmas (23rd Dec)
- Cut and prepare vegetable sticks for Crispy Bake Vegetable Soldiers. Crush corn chips, mix with herbs and store in sealed zip lock bag, ready for coating.
- Make White and Dark Chocolate Crackles. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- For Middle Eastern Vegetarian Share Platter, make Silverbeet Frittatas, cool completely and store in airtight container in the fridge. Boil and peel eggs. Refrigerate.
Christmas Eve (24th Dec)
- Prepare vegetables for Italian Roasted Vegetables, ready for roasting.
- Slice potatoes for Muffin Tin Gratin Potatoes. Place in water. Refrigerate.
- Chop up broccoli and prepare onion, herbs and corn for Quinoa Pilaf. Refrigerate.
- Make breadcrumb topping for whole cauliflower; store in an airtight container in the pantry.
- Roast sweet potato and chickpeas for Baked Sweet Potatoes. Refrigerate.
- Roast vegetables and finish Italian Roasted Vegetables recipe. Serve at room temperature.
- Drain sliced potatoes and pat dry. Finish recipe just before serving, serve hot.
- Make Quinoa Pilaf and serve at room temperature.
- Roast whole cauliflower and serve at room temperature.
- Cook onion and complete filling for Baked Sweet Potatoes. Return to oven to warm through. Heat gravy and serve warm or at room temperature.
- For Middle Eastern Vegetarian Share Platter, warm falafels and frittatas, slice carrots, avocado, cos lettuce and cucumber and arrange all onto a platter to serve.
- Coat Crispy Baked Vegetable Soldiers and roast in oven. Serve room temp with dipping sauce.
- Top Cherry Swirl Baked Cheesecake with cherries and serve.
- Remove White and Dark Chocolate Crackles from refrigerator and bring to room temp. Serve.
Organise your recipes
If you have a myfoodbook account, don't forget that you can save these recipes into a free eCookbook. Print them off along with this menu timeline to be prepared for Christmas this year!
More Christmas menus
Discover more Christmas menus and plans below: