Christmas Seafood Menu Timeline
This menu plan has step-by-step instructions and a daily timeline for everything you need to prepare a Christmas seafood meal for 6-8 people. Print out this meal plan and recipes for a stress-free day where you can focus on family and friends!
This menu will feed 4-6 people, please adjust recipes to accomodate your number of guests. We recommend reading the plan and each recipe at least one week before Christmas to be fully prepared. If you're preparing seafood, our articles on
how to choose fresh seafood
how to store fresh seafood
are also sure to come in handy. See the full menu and plan below.
Get the Christmas seafood menu recipes:
Christmas Seafood Menu timeline
One week before Christmas
By the 18th of December
- Order seafood for delivery or pick up 24th December.
- Order fresh produce for delivery or pick up 22nd December
- Order groceries for delivery or pick up 21st December
Refrigerate all fresh produce and chilled grocery items immediately.
Three days before Christmas
22nd of December
- Make White Forest Crackle Cheesecake Log up to the final step. Make white chocolate curls and store in separate airtight container. Refrigerate.
- Make shortcakes for Plum Shortcakes recipe. Cool completely and store in an airtight container in the pantry.
- Make lemon garlic butter for BBQ seafood platter. Refrigerate.
Two days before Christmas
23rd of December
- Boil eggs and potatoes for German Potato Salad. Mix dressing ingredients except chives and store in refrigerator. Store chives in separate airtight container in refrigerator.
- Make blinis for Blinis with Smoked Salmon and Dill Creme Fraiche. Completely cool and store in airtight container in the pantry.
One day before Christmas
24th of December
- For German potato salad, cook bacon and pickle onions; Refrigerate.
- Make green mayonnaise for Fennel, Apple and Cabbage Slaw. Refrigerate. Toast pecans.
- Make the dressing for Grilled Yellow Nectarine Salad. Soak bulgur and refrigerate.
- Make the dill crème fraiche for the blinis. Refrigerate.
- Clean and prepare seafood for all the recipes.
- Arrange salt and oysters onto a serving platter and garnish with finger limes, salmon caviar or just lemon. Serve immediately.
- Finish recipe for Blinis with Smoked Salmon and Dill Creme Fraiche and serve immediately.
- Combine ingredients to finish German Potato Salad. Garnish with mint.
- Slice and shred apple, fennel and cabbage. Assemble salad and dress with green mayonnaise and toasted pecans just before serving.
- Grill nectarines and assemble with remaining salad ingredients for nectarine salad. Dress with salad dressing just before serving.
- BBQ prawns and scallops and serve with lemon garlic butter.
- Make lemon and tarragon butter and arrange lobster onto a serving platter. Serve with warm butter.
- Place White Crackle Cheesecake Log onto a serving platter and spoon over melted white chocolate. Garnish with white chocolate curls and cherries.
- Whip cream and finish mascarpone cream to fill Plum Shortcakes. Cut plums and assemble just before serving.
Organise your recipes
If you have a myfoodbook account, don't forget that you can save these recipes into a free ecookbook. Print them off along with this menu timeline to be prepared for Christmas this year!
More Christmas menus
Discover more Christmas menu timelines below:
Traditional Christmas Menu Plan
Make-ahead Christmas Menu Plan
Vegetarian Christmas Menu Plan
Cocktail Party Menu Plan
Healthy Christmas Menu Plan