Seafood Christmas Meal Plan
This classic Aussie Christmas menu is full of beautiful fresh seafood. Start with crispy prawn fritters and smoked salmon entrées, then move on to a show-stopping seafood platter and mussels. This step-by-step preparation plan will make your seafood feast easy.
This menu will feed 4-6 people for lunch or dinner. Please adjust recipes to accommodate your number of guests. To prepare to make this menu, we recommend reading each recipe at least a week before Christmas.
Seafood Christmas Recipes
- Middle Eastern-style Nectarine, Haloumi and Freekeh Salad
- Pickled Onion Potato Salad
- Wild Rice, Charred Broccolini and Egg Salad
Seafood Christmas menu timeline
One week before Christmas
- Order fresh produce and groceries for delivery or pick up on 22nd December.
- Order seafood for delivery or pick up on the 23rd or 24th December.
Three days before Christmas (December 22nd)
- Make the sriracha sauce for the Crispy Sweet Corn, Prawn & Coriander Fritters. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Make dressing for the Middle Eastern-style Nectarine, Haloumi and Freekeh Salad. Cook the freekeh. Slice the haloumi. Prepare pomegranate. Clean and dry cos lettuce leaves and parsley. Place in separate containers and refrigerate.
- Make the custard for the Eggnog Ice Cream, cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Two days before Christmas (December 23rd)
- Churn chilled custard for Eggnog Ice Cream in ice cream maker. Freeze.
- Prepare White Christmas Crackle Surprise Cake. Keep in tin and refrigerate.
- Make the Pickled Onion Potato Salad, do not add dill or garnish. Store in the refrigerator.
- Make the dressing for the Smoked Salmon on Avocado, keeping the onion and dill separate. Store in separate containers in the refrigerator.
Christmas Eve (December 24th)
- Peel and chop prawns for Sweet Corn and Prawn Fritters. Cut corn, green onions and chilli. Pick coriander leaves. Store prawns and vegetables in separate containers in the refrigerator.
- Prepare sauce for the mussels. Cool, cover and store in refrigerator. Clean and de-beard mussels.
- Make corn salsa for the Scallop Tacos. Cover and refrigerate. Shred the cabbage and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Toast the almonds and char the broccolini for the Wild Rice, Charred Broccolini and Egg Salad. Cook the wild rice and eggs for the salad. Make the salad dressing. Boil and peel the eggs. Store in separate containers in the fridge.
- Remove White Christmas Crackle surprise cake from tin, decorate with chocolate topping, cover and keep in refrigerator.
- Finish dressing for the Smoked Salmon on Avocado With Special Dressing, toast baguette, mash avocados and place on platter. Serve immediately.
- Mix batter and cook Sweet Corn and Prawn Fritters, serve warm with sauce.
- Remove corn salsa and cabbage for Scallop Tacos from fridge and bring to room temperature. Prepare Scallop Tacos. Serve warm.
- Stir dill through potato salad and garnish with extra pickled onions and dill. Serve with mains.
- Cook haloumi and nectarines for the Middle Eastern-style Nectarine, Haloumi and Freekeh Salad. Tear lettuce, add parsley and dress salad, serve with mains.
- Slice radishes and avocado and combine the components for the Wild Rice, Charred Broccolini and Egg Salad. Serve with mains.
- Make the flavoured butter and barbecue the Seafood Platter with Lemon, Herb and Garlic Butter. Serve immediately.
- Bring sauce for the Wine, Saffron and Chilli Infused Mussels to the boil. Cook mussels. Serve immediately with crusty bread.
- Remove Eggnog Ice Cream from freezer 5-10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped pecans, ground cinnamon and waffle cone pieces.
- Remove White Christmas Crackle Surprise Cake from fridge 30 minutes before serving. Fill with chocolate or lollies and serve.
More Christmas menu ideas
Want more Christmas ideas? Get more menus with prep timelines below:
- Traditional Christmas Menu Plan
- Budget Christmas Menu Plan
- Cocktail Party Menu Plan
- Make-ahead Christmas Menu Plan
More Tips & Advice
Seafood Menu Plan for Christmas
Prepare a seafood lunch or dinner with ease using this Christmas menu plan! Get all the ideas and recipes including entrees, mains, sides and desserts, plus all the steps you need to prepare a stress free meal this summer. Get the recipes and save them to your myfoodbook cookbooks. You can create a cookbook, download and print it to make cooking your Christmas meal extra easy.
Christmas Seafood Menu Plan & Recipes
If you love seafood, this Christmas menu plan is for you. We help you with all the steps so serve up this Christmas seafood menu with oysters, smoked salmon blinis, lobster, BBQ seafood platter and more recipes. We've outlined all the recipes and a daily timeline to help you be prepared for Christmas day.
Traditional Menu Plan for Christmas
These traditional Christmas dinner ideas and menu timeline will make your day easy. With classic recipes like glazed ham, roast pork, gingerbread and white Christmas, your family will love it. We've outlined all the recipes and timeline, taking the stress out of organising Christmas day.
Traditional Christmas Menu Plan & Recipes
Need help planning your Christmas menu? This menu plan is for a traditional Christmas dinner with crispy pork, roasted beef, baked potatoes, Christmas pudding and more classic recipes. We've outlined all the recipes and timeline, taking the stress out of organising Christmas day.