Traditional Christmas Menu Plan
Get step-by-step instructions and a daily timeline for everything you need to prepare a traditional Australian Christmas dinner for 6-8 people. This menu include recipes for classic glazed ham, roast vegetable sides and Christmas gingerbread and pudding. Print out this meal plan and recipes for a stress-free day where you can focus on family and friends!
We recommend reading the plan and each recipe at least one week before Christmas to be fully prepared.
Traditional Christmas Recipes:
Traditional Christmas menu timeline
One week before Christmas (by the 18th of December)
- Order seafood for delivery or pick up for the 24th of December.
- Order meat, groceries and fresh produce for delivery or pick up for the 22nd of December.
Three days before Christmas (22nd Dec)
- Chill the ginger beer, soda water, apple juice. Juice limes and refrigerate.
- Prepare meringues for Meringue-amisu. Let cool and store in an airtight container in pantry.
- Make Christmas Pudding up until step 9, giving it the first 7 hour cook (this can be made one month in advance if preferred). Store in an airtight container in the fridge or the pantry.
Two days before Christmas (23rd Dec)
- Cut up cheeses, wash fruit for fruit and cheese Christmas Tree Platter. Store in containers and refrigerate.
- Chop cabbage, cucumber, tomato and pick mint. Store tomato in separate container. Refrigerate. Make dressing and store in a jar in fridge.
- Bake and decorate Gingerbread Star Wreath and store in an airtight container in the pantry.
- Prepare White Christmas and store in the fridge.
One day before Christmas (24th Dec)
- Prepare and glaze ham. Cool and cover with a layer of baking paper, then a layer of foil and place in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Prepare stuffing and roll pork roast. Cover and refrigerate.
- Make ganache and mascarpone and assemble Meringue-amisu. Store in fridge until served.
- Four hours before serving the Christmas Pudding, follow instructions for boiling the pudding. Serve hot with custard.
- Slice nectarines. Combine all the ingredients for the Nectarine Mocktail Punch. Pour into punch bowl with ice and garnish with mint just before guests arrive.
- Arrange Fruit and Cheese Platter Christmas Tree and serve.
- Prepare and bake Brie puffs with fruit chutney and serve while still warm.
- Either serve ham cold or return to a 160°C oven for 30 minutes to serve warm. Serve with extra fruit chutney.
- Roast Crispy Rolled Pork with Easy Herb Stuffing and make the gravy. Serve with roasted apples.
- Prepare and cook Cheesy Potato Bake. Keep warm and covered in foil until ready to serve.
- Prepare and cook Tarragon & Honey Parsnips and Carrot and serve with roast and ham.
- Prepare and cook Bacon, peas and Mushrooms and serve with roast and ham.
- Cut up avocado and toss with prepared Avocado Cabbage Salad ingredients. Drizzle over dressing and serve.
- Arrange Gingerbread Star Wreath and White Christmas on platter and serve.
- Serve Meringue-amisu
Organise your recipes
If you have a myfoodbook account, don't forget that you can save these recipes into a free eCookbook. Print them off along with this menu timeline to be prepared for Christmas this year!
More Christmas menus
Discover more Christmas menu timelines below: