Make-ahead Christmas Menu Plan
Keep Christmas day as easy as possible with this make-ahead recipe menu! Most of the prep for these recipes can be done in the days before Christmas, so on the day there's barely any prep to get the food on the table. Plus, we've created a daily timeline for the days leading up to Christmas, so you can know every step of your prep and stay stress-free.
This menu will feed 4-6 people, please adjust recipes to accommodate your number of guests. We recommend reading the plan and each recipe at least one week before Christmas to be fully prepared. See the full menu and plan below.
Get the make-ahead recipes:
- Nectarine and Salted Caramel Tiramisu OR Salted Caramel and Chocolate Trifle
- White Christmas with Chocolate, Craisins and Pistachios
Make-ahead Christmas Menu Timeline
One week before Christmas
- Order meat, fresh produce and groceries for delivery or pick up on 21st December.
- Order seafood for delivery or pick up 23rd December.
TIPS: Read how to store seafood. Read how to store herbs. Refrigerate all fresh produce, meats and chilled grocery items immediately.
Three days before Christmas (22nd of December)
- Make Chicken and Pork Terrine with Egg Centre to the end of step 3, leave inside loaf pan. Cool, cover and refrigerate.
- For Smoked Salmon on Avocado recipe, make special dressing and place in a screw top jar; refrigerate. Toast baguette and place in a sealed container and store in pantry.
- Make Asian plum sauce for Duck Pancakes. Refrigerate.
Two days before Christmas (23rd of December)
- Make White Christmas and store in an airtight container. Refrigerate.
- Cook wild rice and hard-boiled eggs for Wild Rice, Dukkha Egg and Pomegranate Salad. Whisk dressing together in a screw top jar and refrigerate.
- Make dressing for Pear and Brussels Sprout Slaw. Place in a screw top jar and refrigerate.
One day before Christmas (24th of December)
- Make Nectarine and Salted Caramel Tiramisu
- Trifle, do not garnish yet. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove terrine from loaf pan and glaze bacon with maple syrup. Bake and refrigerate overnight.
- Prep cucumber, green onion for Duck Pancakes. Refrigerate in sealed containers.
- Clean and prepare your lobsters. Place onto a tray. Cover and refrigerate.
- Pick herbs, toast almonds and prepare pomegranate seeds for wild rice salad. Place in containers and refrigerate.
- Shred Brussels sprouts, toast pine nuts and slice radishes. Refrigerate.
- Mash avocado for smoked salmon recipe. Arrange ingredients on a platter and serve.
- Heat duck and pancakes. Roll pancakes and serve immediately.
- Combine Wild Rice, Dukkha Egg and Pomegranate salad ingredients together and place onto a serving platter. Drizzle over dressing just before serving.
- Peel and slice pears for Pear and Brussels Sprout Slaw and combine with remaining ingredients. Arrange in a salad bowl and dress with salad dressing.
- Garnish terrine with chervil, slice and serve.
- Make tarragon butter for lobsters. Serve lobster with butter spooned over the top.
- Stone and cut nectarines for garnish for tiramisu OR garnish Trifle.
- Arrange White Christmas onto a platter and serve.
Organise your recipes
If you have a myfoodbook account, don't forget that you can save these recipes into a free eCookbook. Print them off along with this menu timeline to be prepared for Christmas this year!
More Christmas menus
Discover more Christmas menu timelines below:
- Traditional Christmas Menu Plan
- Seafood Christmas Menu Plan
- Vegetarian Christmas Menu Plan
- Cocktail Party Menu Plan
- Healthy Christmas Menu Plan
More Tips & Advice
Traditional Menu Plan for Christmas
These traditional Christmas dinner ideas and menu timeline will make your day easy. With classic recipes like glazed ham, roast pork, gingerbread and white Christmas, your family will love it. We've outlined all the recipes and timeline, taking the stress out of organising Christmas day.
Traditional Christmas Menu Plan & Recipes
Need help planning your Christmas menu? This menu plan is for a traditional Christmas dinner with crispy pork, roasted beef, baked potatoes, Christmas pudding and more classic recipes. We've outlined all the recipes and timeline, taking the stress out of organising Christmas day.
Seafood Menu Plan for Christmas
Prepare a seafood lunch or dinner with ease using this Christmas menu plan! Get all the ideas and recipes including entrees, mains, sides and desserts, plus all the steps you need to prepare a stress free meal this summer. Get the recipes and save them to your myfoodbook cookbooks. You can create a cookbook, download and print it to make cooking your Christmas meal extra easy.
Healthy Christmas Menu Plan & Recipes
If you're trying to be healthier, this Christmas menu plan is for you. These healthy Christmas recipes are full of whole foods and better-for-you ingredients, plus we help you with all the steps to be prepared on Christmas day. Enjoy BBQ prawns, fresh salads and a raw food cheesecake with this healthy Christmas menu.