Cocktail Party Menu Plan
This cocktail party menu is great for mingling events, where you're not sitting down for a full meal. This menu of finger foods is easy to eat with cocktail in hand, with recipes like chicken skewers, oysters and pulled pork sliders. It's been made with Christmas in mind, but could also be great for birthdays, engagement parties and more!
This menu will feed 4-6 people, please adjust recipes to accomodate your number of guests. We recommend reading the plan and each recipe at least one week before your event to be fully prepared. See the full menu and plan below.
Get the cocktail recipes:
Cocktail Menu Timeline
One week before Christmas
Order meat, groceries for delivery or pick up on 21st December.
Order seafood and fresh produce, chicken, bread and alcohol for delivery or pick up on 22nd December.
Refrigerate all fresh produce, meats and chilled grocery items immediately.
Make ice. Tip into large zip lock bags and freeze to save space. Alternatively, buy bags of ice.
Three days before Christmas
22nd of December
- Slow cook pork for Pulled Pork and Mushroom Sliders, shred meat and store in refrigerator in a sealed container.
- Make plum sauce for Duck Pancakes. Refrigerate in a sealed container.
- Make Chocolate Mousse Pots up to step 3. Refrigerate.
- Make White Christmas with Chocolate, Craisins and Pistachios. Place in an airtight container and store either in the pantry or refrigerator.
Two days before Christmas
23rd of December
- Cut up cauliflower florets for Cauliflower Bites. Steam and cool. Refrigerate.
- Soak 12 bamboo skewers in water for Butter Chicken Skewers.
One day before Christmas
24th of December
- For Avocado, Mango and Chilli Prawn Cups, peel, devein and chop cooked prawns. Refrigerate. Separate lettuce leaves. Place in zip lock bag and refrigerate.
- Slice cucumber, green onions and prepare coriander and chives for Duck Pancakes. Refrigerate.
- Trim chicken tenderloins and thread onto soaked bamboo skewers. Coat with ginger garlic paste from Street Kitchen Butter Chicken kit. Refrigerate.
- Cook mushrooms and chop vegetables for Pulled Pork and Mushroom Sliders. Refrigerate.
- Prepare fruit for Nectarine Mocktail Punch. Refrigerate in a sealed container.
- Prepare finger limes for oysters.
- Juice limes or lemons for Classic Margarita.
- Just before the guest are due to arrive, make Nectarine Mocktail Punch. Serve immediately.
- Prepare and salt margarita glasses with lime and salt. Measure alcohol and blend mixture just before serving.
- Prep and combine avocado, mango and chilli filling. Stir through chopped prawns. Spoon into lettuce cups just before serving.
- Heat and prepare pancakes for Duck Pancakes. Fill and roll just before serving. Serve with plum sauce.
- Coat and fry Cauliflower Bites just before serving. Mix together chilli mayonnaise dipping sauce.
- Arrange salt and oysters onto a serving platter and garnish with finger limes, salmon caviar or just lemon. Serve immediately.
- Make Street Kitchen Butter Chicken sauce and set aside.
- Remove chicken skewers from the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Cook on a heated chargrill and serve with warm Butter Chicken sauce.
- Warm up pulled pork and combine with cooked mushrooms. Make sriracha mayonnaise. Split buns and fill just before serving.
- Whip cream and garnish pots just before serving chocolate pots.
- Cut up White Christmas and serve.
Organise your recipes
If you have a myfoodbook account, don't forget that you can save these recipes into a free ecookbook. Print them off along with this menu timeline to be prepared for your cocktail party!
More Christmas menus
Discover more Christmas menu timelines below:
Traditional Christmas Menu Plan
Seafood Christmas Menu Plan
Vegetarian Christmas Menu Plan
Make-ahead Party Menu Plan
Healthy Christmas Menu Plan