Cocktail Christmas Meal Plan
These canapés and mini desserts are fantastic for a cocktail party Christmas. Get the recipes plus a step-by-step guide to preparing them, so you can enjoy Christmas with less stress.
To prepare for this menu, we recommend reading each recipe at least a week before your event. Recipes may need to be adjusted to accommodate your number of guests.
Cocktail Christmas Recipes
- Grilled Tomato Bruschetta
- Kimchi Egg Salad Bao Buns
- Watermelon Cubes with Feta, Olive and Mint
- Vegetable Curry Puffs with Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Chicken Taquitos with Green Salsa
- Pork San Choy Bow
Christmas cocktail party menu timeline
One week before the event
- Order meat, and groceries for delivery or pick up on 22nd December.
- Calculate drink requirements for each cocktail to serve the amount of guests.
TIPS: Once your groceries arrive, refrigerate all fresh produce and chilled grocery items immediately. Prepare ice cubes and tip into large ziplock bags to keep frozen. Alternatively, buy bags of ice on the day of the event.
Three days before Christmas (December 22nd)
- Make filling for Vegetable Curry Puffs and store in an airtight container.
- Make White Christmas bites for the White Christmas Wreaths. Do not garnish, cover and refrigerate.
- Make choc-coffee crackle mixture for Crunchy Crackle Tiramisu pots.
Two days before Christmas (December 23rd)
- Toast bread for bruschetta. Store in an airtight container. Cook tomatoes. Refrigerate.
- Cook eggs for Kimchi and Cheese Egg Salad Baos. Chop and mix with remaining ingredients. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate. Slice green onions. Store in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator.
- Make creamy mascarpone mixture for Crunchy Crackle Tiramisu Pots. Refrigerate.
- Bake gingerbread. Let cool and store in an airtight container.
Christmas Eve (December 24th)
- Cut up watermelon cubes. Make up feta and olive mixture. Store separately in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Make curry puffs and bake. Cool and refrigerate.
- Make green salsa and filling for the Chicken Taquitos. Refrigerate in separate airtight containers.
- Make Pork San Choy Bow mince mixture. Cool and refrigerate. Shred carrot and separate lettuce leaves. Store separately in ziplock bags.
- Make icing and decorate gingerbread.
- Chop cucumbers, juice lemons and limes, make lemon twists, skewer cocktail onions and dice melons for drinks. Store garnishes and fruits in separate containers in the fridge.
- Mix cocktails, garnish and serve.
- Warm toasts for bruschetta in a low oven until crisp. Dollop on ricotta and roasted tomatoes. Garnish and serve.
- Arrange watermelon on platters and spoon over feta filling. Garnish with mint and dukkah.
- Steam bao buns and fill with egg salad. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
- Warm curry puffs in a hot oven until crisp. Serve on a platter with more sweet chilli sauce.
- Fill and roll taquitos. Fry and serve hot, topped with green salsa.
- Reheat pork san choy bow mixture and arrange lettuce cups onto trays. Spoon in mixture. Garnish with carrot and peanuts and drizzle with extra sweet chilli sauce.
- Layer mascarpone and crackle mixture into individual glasses. Cover and refrigerate. Dust with cocoa powder just before serving.
- Arrange White Christmas bites onto a platter in a wreath shape. Top with whipped cream and garnish with fruits. Serve.
- Place gingerbread biscuits on a serving platter and serve.
More Christmas menu ideas
Here are more Christmas dinner menus with fantastic recipes:
- Seafood Christmas Menu Plan
- Budget Christmas Menu Plan
- Traditional Christmas Menu Plan
- Make-ahead Christmas Menu Plan
More Tips & Advice
Traditional Menu Plan for Christmas
These traditional Christmas dinner ideas and menu timeline will make your day easy. With classic recipes like glazed ham, roast pork, gingerbread and white Christmas, your family will love it. We've outlined all the recipes and timeline, taking the stress out of organising Christmas day.
Cocktail Food Menu Plan for Christmas
Whether you're planning a cocktail party for the office, with friends or for your family, this menu plan with recipes will make the whole event easy. We've outlined all the recipes and timeline, taking the stress out of organising your Christmas cocktail party.
Seafood Menu Plan for Christmas
Prepare a seafood lunch or dinner with ease using this Christmas menu plan! Get all the ideas and recipes including entrees, mains, sides and desserts, plus all the steps you need to prepare a stress free meal this summer. Get the recipes and save them to your myfoodbook cookbooks. You can create a cookbook, download and print it to make cooking your Christmas meal extra easy.
Traditional Christmas Menu Plan & Recipes
Need help planning your Christmas menu? This menu plan is for a traditional Christmas dinner with crispy pork, roasted beef, baked potatoes, Christmas pudding and more classic recipes. We've outlined all the recipes and timeline, taking the stress out of organising Christmas day.