How to make oven-baked potato wedges
With crispy edges and a fluffy, creamy centre, it's hard to pass up a bowl of wedges. These oven-baked potato wedges are a bit lighter and healthier than the traditional deep-fried version, so you can enjoy them a little more often as a side with dinner or as a snack!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1kg desiree potatoes, washed
2 tbsp olive oil
5 sprigs thyme
1/2 cup sour cream, to serve
1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced)
- Cut potatoes in half. Lay potatoes on their flat side, and cut into 4 wedges
- Add potato wedges to a large bowl, drizzle over olive oil, 1 sprig of thyme, removed from stem, salt and pepper. Using hands, combine ingredients well
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Lay wedges out on tray
- Transfer wedges to oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Serve with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce
What are good seasonings for wedges?
We’ve used thyme here, but try these seasonings to put your own twist on them:
- Paprika or smoked paprika
- Ground cumin
- Chicken salt
- Lemon and garlic
- Cayenne pepper
What goes well with potato wedges
Wedges make a great side dish for weeknight meals. They're also a great snack or party food simply served with some sauce. Serve wedges with the recipes below for a fantastic meal that the family will polish off, and check out more ways to cook potatoes.