Recipe Shopping List
Basque Cheesecake with Passionfruit Curd
Passionfruit Curd Cream
- Combine passionfruit pulp, egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof microwave-safe bowl. Whisk until combined. Add butter and place onto microwave turntable.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to reduce microwave power to 50%. Cook uncovered for 7-8 minutes, stirring every minute until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Cover curd surface with plastic wrap to prevent a skin forming. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 220°C fan-forced. Grease a 22cm (base) springform pan. Line base and sides with two sheets baking paper, extending paper 2cm above the pan edge (see tip).
- Place the cream cheese in a large food processor. Process until creamy. With the processor on, pour the cream through the feed tube until combined, scraping down the sides as required.
- Add the sugar and salt, pulse to combine. Add the egg yolks, pulse to combine. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down sides.
- Place the flour in a bowl. Add 1 cup of the cream cheese mixture, stir until smooth. Add to the processor and pulse until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan. Bake for 40 minutes, the top should be deep golden. Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C fan-forced and cook a further 20 minutes until the centre still has a wobble. Turn the oven off, leave the door ajar and allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature. Serve cheesecake at room temperature or place in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan. Ease the baking paper carefully from the sides of the cheesecake and place onto a plate. Dollop cream on the cheesecake. Spoon passionfruit curd on top and lightly swirl together. Serve.
Tips & Hints:
- Place one sheet baking paper over the tin, then place the second sheet across the first and press into the tin, making sure the edges are nice and square to the base and side.
- Some food processor bowls may be too small to hold this amount of mixture. Once some of the cream has been added to cream cheese you can transfer the mixture to a large bowl and continue with a whisk.
- To make sure all the cream cheese is processed smoothly. Process half of it until smooth then add the remaining cubes through the feed shoot with motor operating.
No reviews for this recipe yet.