Recipe Shopping List
Warm Duck, Honeyed Pear and Blue Salad
- Arrange pear and onion on a baking paper lined oven tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and season to taste.
- Roast at 180°C for 20 minutes, drizzle with honey and roast for a further 10 minutes, until tender and glossy. Cool slightly.
- Season skin side of each duck breast and place skin side down into a dry frypan over medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes until fat has rendered and skin is golden brown, turn and brown the other side for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a 180°C oven for 5-7 minutes, until medium-rare. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing each breast into 4 thick slices.
- Arrange witlof, onion, warm pears and duck on a large serving platter. Whisk remaining oil, vinegar, mustard and extra honey together and pour over salad.
- Flake cheese slices over the salad and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
Tips & Hints:
- If witlof is unavailable try using radicchio.
More Salads recipes from The Dairy Kitchen
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Salad Salads Duck Poultry Australia Day Autumn Christmas Dinner Party Father's Day Mother's Day New Year's Eve / Day Picnic Summer Fusion Healthy Dinners blue vein cheese Dijon mustard duck breasts honey Olive Oil pears Red Onions red wine vinegar Thyme witlof Extra virgin olive oil duck blue cheese Fresh Thyme