Recipe Shopping List
Chermoula Chicken Pumpkin Tagine with Almond Pilaf
- To make the chermoula, combine garlic, parsley, coriander, cumin, turmeric, chilli, lemon juice and olive oil in a glass bowl
- Add the chicken to the chermoula and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge overnight to marinate
- Heat oil in a large flameproof tagine or saucepan over medium heat. Cook half the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining chicken
- Add tomato paste, stock, pumpkin, honey, cinnamon to tagine, stir to combine and bring to a simmer
- Add chicken and cover with lemon slices and raisins. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper
- To make the pilaf, melt ghee or butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is soft and translucent
- Add the rice and stir to coat in onion mixture. Add the stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender and liquid absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in the coriander and sprinkle almonds on top
- Spoon the pilaf on the serving plates. Top with chicken, coriander, almonds and serve immediately
More Poultry recipes from Lilydale
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Dinner Rice Poultry Winter Dinner Party Autumn Mother's Day African Family Dinners Healthy Dinners Gluten Free Slow Cooking Free Range Egg Free Dairy Free Lactose Free Basmati Rice Brown Onions Butternut pumpkin Chicken Breasts chicken stock cinnamon coriander Cumin Garlic ghee ginger honey Lemon juice Lemons Olive Oil Parsley raisins red chillies slivered almonds tomato paste turmeric