Delight in the flavors of our Lentil, Mushroom, and Spinach Lasagne! This easy-to-make vegetarian dish, inspired by Italian cuisine, is a true crowd-pleaser. Dive into a slice of this indulgent, vegetarian lasagne and savor the harmonious blend of flavors.
Credit: Whisk Media Group
Recipe Shopping List
Lentil, Mushroom and Spinach Lasagne
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 2.5 litre (10 cup) oven proof dish.
- Slice 100g of the mushrooms and set aside for the top. Chop remaining mushrooms into 1cm pieces. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add chopped mushrooms. Cook, stirring for 7 minutes or until beginning to golden. Stir in lentils, passata and 1 cup water. Bring to a gentle boil. Simmer, partially covered on low for 15 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Whisk together the ricotta, egg, and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir through 1 cup of Perfect Bakes cheese. Refrigerate until ready to use. Reserve remaining cheese.
- Spread 1/3 of the mushroom mixture over base of dish. Top with lasagne sheets, trimming to fit the size of the dish if necessary.
- Top lasagne sheet layer with another third of the mushroom sauce and sprinkle with 3/4 cup of Perfect Bakes cheese then cover with another layer of lasagne sheets. Continue with remaining third mushroom sauce, another 3/4 cup of cheese, and remaining lasagne sheets.
- Squeeze liquid from thawed spinach. Sprinkle spinach over the last lasagne sheet then spread ricotta mixture over the top. Sprinkle with 1 cup Perfect Bakes cheese and arrange reserved mushroom slices on top. Spray with oil.
- Cover with a sheet of greased baking paper and foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover. Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until golden and lasagne sheets are cooked. Stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh green salad.
Tips & Hints:
- Store leftover lasagne in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days
- This lasagne can also be frozen for up to 2 months
More Vegetarian recipes from Perfect Italiano
No reviews for this recipe yet.