Recipe Shopping List
Mushroom and Halloumi Falafel
- Finely chop the mushrooms by hand or put in a food processor, use pulse button to finely chop. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat
- Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until all moisture has evaporate
- Stir in the seasoning, cook 1 minute. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Drain any excess moisture and transfer to a bowl. Wipe pan clean
- Meanwhile, process the chickpeas, parsley, halloumi, egg, breadcrumbs and half the tahini until almost smooth. Add to mushrooms, season and mix well
- Roll one tablespoonful of mixture into a ball, then roll lightly in sesame seeds. Place on a tray. Repeat to make 30 falafels
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes if time permits. Mix remaining tahini and yogurt together. Refrigerate until ready to serve
- Shallow or deep fry falafel in batches, turning often for 5 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature with the tahini yogurt, lemon and herbs
Tips & Hints:
- Falafel is great served as finger food or turn into a meal by shaping 1/4 cupful's of mixture into patties & serving with salad and pita bread.
More Appetisers recipes from Australian Mushrooms
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Falafel Veggie Ball Appetisers Vegetarian Autumn Dinner Party Holidays Mother's Day New Year's Eve / Day Party Spring Weekends Middle Eastern High Protein Gluten Free breadcrumbs Brown Onions button mushrooms chickpeas Cup Mushrooms Eggs flat mushrooms Garlic greek seasoning Greek Yoghurt Lemons Olive Oil Parsley sesame seeds tahini haloumi Halloumi