Old fashioned white Christmas recipe
A slice of old fashioned white Christmas is as close as you’ll get to a white Christmas in Australia! This traditional slice is a must-have Christmas delight, the creamy white crackle studded with jewels of glace cherries and dried fruit is as pleasing to look at as it is to eat.
The best white Christmas recipe is:
- Easy to make
- Keeps together at room temperature (for toting it around town for gifting)
- Has the right ratio of crunchy rice bubbles and chewy dried fruits
So, if you’re looking for the best white Christmas recipe for making and gifting during the festive season, this traditional recipe is just what you need! It comes together in 30 minutes and it doesn’t require any baking – a total saviour during the Aussie summer.
Best white Christmas recipe
- 250g Copha
- 3 cups Kellogg's Rice Bubbles
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup packaged, dried mixed fruit
- Glace cherries for topping
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Melt Copha slowly over low heat. Cool slightly, pour onto dry ingredients. Mix well
- Working quickly, spoon into paper patty cases or press into a lamington tin
- Freeze until set (about 15 minutes), then store in the refrigerator
- Cut into fingers, top with glace cherries and serve.
- NOTE: For a gluten free white Christmas recipe, rice bubbles must be substituted with a gluten free brand of rice puffs, and use a gluten free milk powder.
One bite of this slice and you'll be transported right into the thick of the festive season. It's also great to make in advance and package up to give to friends and family, simply slice, wrap and tie with a bow for a sweet little gift.
More Christmas recipes
Turn white Christmas slice into a beautiful cake full of chocolates or lollies. This dessert has all the flavours of white Christmas, presented in a brand new way!
Make your own festive forest with White Christmas trees, candy canes and Christmas lollies. You could also wrap up individual trees as edible gifts.
Learn more about Copha