Old fashioned white Christmas recipe
- Easy to make
- Keeps together at room temperature (for toting it around town for gifting)
- Has the right ratio of crunchy rice bubbles and chewy dried fruits
Best white Christmas recipe
3 cups Kellogg's Rice Bubbles
1 cup desiccated coconut
3/4 cup icing sugar, sifted
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup packaged, dried mixed fruit
Glace cherries for topping
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Melt Copha slowly over low heat. Cool slightly, pour onto dry ingredients. Mix well
- Working quickly, spoon into paper patty cases or press into a lamington tin
- Freeze until set (about 15 minutes), then store in the refrigerator
- Cut into fingers, top with glace cherries and serve.
NOTE: For a gluten free white Christmas recipe, rice bubbles must be substituted with a gluten free brand of rice puffs, and use a gluten free milk powder.
Click for the full recipe that you can save to your personal cookbook: White Christmas Slice
One bite of this slice and you'll be transported right into the thick of the festive season. It's also great to make in advance and package up to give to friends and family, simply slice, wrap and tie with a bow for a sweet little gift.
More Christmas recipes
Want more white Christmas ideas? Try these two White Christmas recipe makeovers. One with minty candy-cane inspired flavours, and a modernised version with chocolate, craisins and pistachios. Plus, check out more recipes below.
Get the recipe: White Forest Crackle Cheesecake Log
This festive log is full of creamy cheesecake studded with cherries, and rolled up in a delicious white chocolate crackle roll.
Learn more about Copha