Recipe Shopping List
Gado Gado Salad
- Place peanut butter and coconut milk into a saucepan and heat over low heat until smooth and well combined. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat for 1 minute. Set aside to keep warm
Salad with boiled eggs
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and just cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat; once the water reaches a rolling boil cook for another 6 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove eggs. Plunge immediately into a bowl of ice-cold water or run under cold water until cool enough to handle. Peel and refrigerate
- Place potatoes into same saucepan and add more water to cover. Cook for 15 min or until tender. In the last 3 minutes of cooking, add beans. Drain and refresh with cold water. Set aside
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Pat dry tofu and cook 1 minute each side or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel
- Arrange potatoes, green beans, tofu, sprouts, cucumber, red cabbage and radish onto a large platter. Drizzle over some of the peanut sauce and serve the remaining in a bowl
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and serve with lime wedges and prawn crackers
Tips & Hints:
- Kecap Manis is an Indonesian sweet soy available in the Asian aisle of your supermarket. If not available, substitute with 2 tbsp soy sauce and 2 tsp sugar.
- Sambal Oelek is a Southeast Asian chilli sauce also readily available in the Asian section of your supermarket. Omit completely or substitute with any chilli sauce, or ½ tsp ground chilli.
- Peanut sauce will keep in your fridge in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Use on fried eggs or with chicken skewers or as a dipping sauce.
- Warm peanut butter and coconut cream over low heat to prevent it from splitting.
- Should sauce thicken too much, add a few tbsp water to thin out.
- Peanut sauce, eggs, potatoes and beans can be prepped the day before.
Per adult serving (478)
Per adult serving (478)
More Salads recipes from Australian Eggs
No reviews for this recipe yet.
Related: Salad Lunch Dinner Salads Sauces Vegetarian Party Spring Summer World Egg Day Indonesian Family Dinners Healthy Dinners Bowl Food Dairy Free Bean Sprouts Coconut milk Eggs Garlic green beans Kecap Manis lebanese cucumbers Lime juice Peanut Butter Potatoes Radishes Red Cabbage salt Sambal Oelek tofu Vegetable Oil Cucumbers