The best way to store leftover canned tomato
The best way to store leftover tomato paste
How to store leftover tomato paste in the fridge
- Place in an airtight container, evening out the surface of the tomato paste.
- Drizzle a layer of olive oil over the surface to prevent mould growth.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Tomato paste in tubes can be left in the tube and stored in the fridge for 6-7 weeks once open.
How to freeze tomato paste
- Portion into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Pop out cubes of paste and place into zip-lock bags.
- Alternatively, freeze directly in zip-lock bags in usable portions.
Tomato paste can be used from frozen or defrosted. To defrost, place in the fridge overnight or microwave in 30 second intervals.
Make sure you always buy the best quality canned tomatoes, then enjoy great recipes that use canned tomatoes below.